Petersen, maker of PAC-CLAD architectural metal cladding systems, now offers PAC-CLAD HT high-temperature, self-adhering roof underlayment, which is designed to provide premium waterproofing protection for a variety of roofing applications. PAC-CLAD HT underlayment offers protection against water and ice damming while withstanding extreme weather conditions.
The self-adhering qualities of PAC-CLAD HT reduces labor costs and installation times while providing increased protection compared to that of typical felt roofing underlayments. This strong, 40-mil, skid-resistant, high-tensile-strength rubberized asphalt membrane is designed to withstand temperatures up to 250°F and is available in either black or white. It will not crack, dry out or become brittle, even under the most extreme weather conditions, resulting in permanent protection and low lifecycle costs. The rubberized asphalt is laminated to an impermeable polyethylene film layer.
“PAC-CLAD HT will not only perform well over the lifetime of a metal roof, it will simplify the purchasing process for our contractor customers, who can now acquire all components of a metal roofing system from one source, including underlayment, metal panels and fasteners,” says Mike Weis, vice president, sales and marketing, Petersen. “Petersen continues to keep the interests of roofing installers at the top of its priority list by introducing products like this that perform well and make their jobs easier.”
PAC-CLAD HT is available from all Petersen locations as well as distributors that carry PAC-CLAD products.
Performance features of PAC-CLAD HT include:
● Protects against water infiltration caused by ice dams and wind-driven rain
● Resists cracking, drying and rotting
● Resists temperatures up to 250°F without adhesive degradation
● Concealed waterproofing system will not detract from architectural aesthetics
● Exposed rubberized asphalt bead ensures watertightness of lap seams
● Seals around roofing fasteners
● Split-release film provides fast and easy installation
PAC-CLAD HT is supported by meeting requirements of the following testing:
● UL Classified
● ICC-ES ESR #2206
● 2009, 2012 and 2015 International Building Code
● Florida Building Code Approved Product #6785
● Meets ASTM D1970
● Miami-Dade County Product Control Approved
● ASTM E108/UL 790 Class A Fire Resistance
● 2016 California Green Building Standards, Title 24
● 2015, 2012 and 2008 ICC 700 National Green Building Standard