Bitec Inc., a 36-year-old industry leader in waterproofing and roofing membranes, launched ElastoPav, an advanced premium sealant for roof flashings. The high quality, professional-grade flashing compound offers professional roofers a fast-curing seal that can adhere to most any surface and withstand the most extreme temperatures -- from -40° F to 200° F. Primarily used for rooftop prep phase for pitch pans and pipe penetrations, ElastoPav is an ideal solution for roof repairs, both vertical and horizontal, and sealing around chimneys, gutters, and roofing edges.
“Installers love this new product,” said Joel Shealey, President of Bitec, who showcased the innovative compound at the 2022 International Roofing Expo. “ElastoPav is environmentally-friendly, has a low odor and is lightweight, so it can be easily carried up ladders or scaffolding.”
A one-component, fast-curing compound, ElastoPav uses advanced hybrid polymer technology. It reacts and crosslinks in the presence of moisture to provide a durable seal that is waterproof and UV resistance. ElastoPav can be applied to damp surfaces, and cures rapidly, reaching optimum strength within 7 to 14 days.
- 100 % solids, no shrinkage
- Safe to use, solvent & isocyanate free
- Ultra-low VOCs, 17.94g/L
- May contribute to LEED V4 EQ Materials Credit, 4.1 Adhesives & Sealants
- Bonds to most common building substrates
- Does not dry or become brittle
- Water resistant
- Permanent elastomeric bond
- Adheres to: Aluminum, Coated Metal, Glass, Wood, EPS Foam, SBS Mod. Bit, Stainless Steel, Cold Rolled Steel, Concrete, Ceramics, Fiberglass, Primed TPO, and many plastics
For a quick demonstration of ElastoPav, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjyr2nkEDfM&t=5s.