Modified wood manufacturer Kebony and cladding and decking attachment system innovator Grad Concept USA announced the launch of Grad™ for Kebony, a new rainscreen system developed for the North American building envelope industry and interior accent walls.
Grad™ for Kebony utilizes a special cladding profile, expressly designed for the Grad™ Mini Rail system, which precisely locks Kebony Grad cladding into place quickly and easily.
“Kebony has been an optimal exterior wood cladding for decades here in the US and abroad,” Kebony North American Marketing Director Ben Roberts said. “In partnership with Grad Concept USA, we are the first manufacturer to provide an off-the-shelf, passive rainscreen with completely hidden fasteners, no pre-drilling, and perfectly aligned boards in the most popular gap options, all while cutting install time in half.”
Grad for Kebony Mini Rail clips are factory-placed in position, so the installer simply fastens the rails onto the sheathing or vapor barrier and snaps the boards on. The rails create a natural air gap so there’s no need to install furring strips ahead of time.
Based on the desired aesthetic, Mini Rails come in two different gap sizes and can be installed vertically or horizontally: 1”x6” with a narrow gap (5/32”), which is similar in appearance to a nickel gap profile; and 1”x6” with a wide gap (17/64”), which resembles shiplap.
“The project uses for Grad for Kebony are limited only by the designer’s imagination,” Grad Concept North American Sales Manager Gwladys Petit said. “As we launch the Grad Mini Rail in the USA, we are excited have such a strong North American partner in Kebony. Our products have been used for decades together in Europe, so it’s a natural fit.”
The Grad for Kebony system features:
• Patented clips pre-mounted on aluminum rails
• Uniform spacing for the perfect look
• Built-in air gap behind the boards
• A true hidden fastening system
• 50% faster installation time
• Made of 100% recyclable aluminum & POM (polyoxymethylene)
• No pre-drilling of the boards or rails required
• 30-year warranty (Kebony Clear)
• 50-75 year expected life span
• No maintenance required
• Fades to silver-gray patina when left unfinished
• In stock, no custom milling required
• One board with two gap size options