During CAMX - The Composites and Advanced Materials Expo, the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA) announced the winners for the 2021 Awards for Composites Excellence (ACE), sponsored by Composites One. The prestigious composites industry competition recognizes outstanding achievement and innovation in design, manufacturing, and market growth.
2021 ACE Winners
Design: Innovation in Green Composites Design
- Additively Manufactured Foam Biocomposites for Lightweight Structural Applications; Oak Ridge National Laboratory and University of Maine
Design: Most Creative Application
- Large Pultruded FRP Multi-Story Frame in Region of High Seismicity; Frost Engineering & Consulting and University of Notre Dame
Manufacturing: Equipment and Tooling Innovation
- Massivit 10000 – Digitalizing Tooling for Composites Manufacturing with Advanced Additive Manufacturing; Massivit 3D
Manufacturing: Material and Process Innovation
- Achieving Thermoset AFP Speeds with Thermoplastics; Victrex
Market Growth: Composites Sustainability
- Vitrimers: Reprocessable Thermosets Unlock the Circular Economy for Composites; Mallinda Inc.
Market Growth: Infinite Possibility for Market Growth
- PUPI Fiberglass Transmission Crossarms; GEOTEK and PUPI