The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA), the educational and technical resource to the spray polyurethane foam (SPF) industry, today announced the winners of the 14th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards. Winners of the prestigious industry awards program represent stand out contractors and projects in the Spray Polyurethane Foam sector in insulation, roofing and specialty applications, as well as in elastomeric coatings. The winners were recognized in front of their peers and industry at the awards luncheon held onsite at the Sprayfoam Show 2019 Convention & Expo in Daytona Beach, Florida on February 6th.
“This year our judges were blown away by the caliber and diversity of projects submitted for these prestigious awards,” said Denny Vandewater, Owner of Sadler Coating Systems Eagle Grove, IA, SPFA Past-President and Chairman of the 2019 SPFA Awards Program. “While we are only able to honor some of our contractor entries each year, we are very pleased with all of the projects reviewed this year as they represent best practices, innovation and the highest achievable performance of spray polyurethane foam.”
The awards program recognizes standout projects in six categories including: Commercial Wall Foam; Residential Wall Foam; SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet; SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet; Specialty Applications; and Elastomeric Roof Coatings.
The winners and runners up of the 14th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards include:
- Purefoam Roofing & Insulation with supplier NCFI for the Central Lab Phase 7 in Frankfort, KY (WINNER – Commercial Wall Foam)
- Houlden Contractors with supplier Icynene-Lapolla for the Houlden Contractors Western Division Headquarters in Chass County, Nebraska (Runner up – Commercial Wall Foam)
- Coastal Insulation with supplier Icynene-Lapolla for the Upper West Side NYC Condominiums (346 & 350 West 71st Street) in New York, NY (WINNER – Residential Wall Foam)
- Fencil Urethane Systems with supplier SWD Urethane for Eagle’s Bluff in Wisconsin Rapids, WI (Runner up – Residential Wall Foam)
- West Roofing Systems with supplier Accella for John Muir Elementary in Parma, OH (WINNER – SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet)
- Cool-Roof Systems with supplier National Coatings Corporation for The Plunge at Belmont Park in San Diego, CA (Runner up - SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet)
- Wedge Roofing with supplier Everest Systems for Birkenstock USA Headquarters in Novato, California (WINNER – SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- Central Coating Company, Inc. with supplier Carlisle Roof Foam & Coatings for Rodney Strong Vineyards – A Roofing & Solar Project in Healdsburg, California (Runner up – SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- STA-AESS-RES, LLC dba “Foam Shielding Technologies” with supplier NCFI for Gamma Guard Radiation Shielding Polyurethane Foam; Tank Waste Radiation Shielding & Macro-Encapsulation in Richland, WA (WINNER – Specialty Applications)
- Elite Insulation & PolyPro LLC and supplier Icynene-Lapolla for Interstate 81 Reed Creek, Wythe County Bridges in Virginia (Runner up – Specialty Applications)
- Roof Asset Management, Inc. and supplier National Coatings Corp. for Lucix Corporation Facility in Camarillo, CA (WINNER – Elastomeric Roof Coatings)
- West Roofing Systems and supplier Henry for MK Asset Management in Norcross, GA, Des Plaines, IL and Round Lake Beach, IL (Runner up – Elastomeric Roof Coatings)
“We are incredibly proud of all of our participating contractor members and these innovative projects completed throughout 2018,” said Tiffiny Flaim, President of the SPFA. “Projects like these prove the energy efficiency, durability, variety of use, and performance capabilities of spray foam and remind us why we are all so passionate about SPF.”
The annual awards are a key part of the Sprayfoam Show 2019, the nation’s largest annual event dedicated to spray polyurethane foam. The annual convention and expo also features: onsite exams and training for the SPFA’s Professional Certification Program; a robust exhibit hall showcasing more than 95 booth displays; a four-day educational program including more than 30 break-out sessions; the Annual Golf Tournament; VIP events; member and contractor-only events; and an entertainment filled Closing Party. Attendees at the Sprayfoam Show 2019 represent the complete Spray Polyurethane Foam industry and value chain, as well as the general public.
Carlisle Spray Foam Insulation is the Victory Lane Sponsor of The Sprayfoam Show 2019. Pole Position Sponsors include Chemours, Gacoä, Honeywell, Icynene-Lapolla, NCFI Polyurethanes, Polyurethane Machinery Corporation, SES Polyurethane Systems and Thermoseal. Premier Media Sponsors include Sprayfoam Professional (the official publication of the event), Building Enclosure, FOAM Expo, International Roofing Expo, PU Magazine, Roofing Contractor, Sprayfoam.com, and Walls & Ceilings.