SOPREMA, Inc. — a leader in the roofing, waterproofing, wall protection and civil engineering industries — has released its new SOPRA-XPS product line, a mix of extruded polystyrene thermal insulation panels, with applications in inverted roofing membrane assemblies (IRMA roofs), foundations, walls and civil engineering projects.
Thanks to its dense closed-cell composition, SOPRA-XPS has a consistent long-term R-value (LTTR) of 5 per inch, even at low temperatures, and offers one of the greatest compressive strengths in the insulation market, making it efficient, versatile and even more eco-friendly.
The line has even earned the coveted GREENGUARD Gold certification, which incorporates stringent selection criteria and the most demanding safety factors for volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions. GREENGUARD Gold-certified insulation is part of the solution for improving indoor air quality. It ensures that a product is acceptable in high-risk environments, such as schools and healthcare facilities.
The SOPRA-XPS product line is also produced without HFC-134a gas as a blowing agent, meaning it will have no effect on the ozone depletion potential and a much lower global warming potential (GWP).
“In fact, the impact on the global warming potential is reduced by more than 95 percent,” said Tom Stuewe, SOPREMA product manager for liquid products and SOPRANATURE. “Thanks to SOPREMA’s exclusive and innovative process, the SOPRA-XPS line contains up to 70 percent recycled content, making SOPREMA the leading XPS insulation manufacturer in terms of recycled content.”
SOPREMA has manufactured the following products in the SOPRA-XPS line:
- SOPRA-XPS 20 is designed to insulate above-grade exterior walls and residential applications on exterior foundation walls and under foundation slabs.
- SOPRA-XPS 25 CW is ideal for the insulation of cavity walls, and it fits perfectly between wall ties because of its convenient sizes and thicknesses.
- SOPRA-XPS 30 is designed for the insulation of exterior foundation walls and under foundation slabs.
- SOPRA-XPS 35 is ideal for the insulation of new or refurbished inverted roofs to improve their thermal resistance.
- SOPRA-XPS 40, 60 & 100 are designed for heavy load applications requiring high-density insulation. These include inverted roofs, such as green roofs and roof terraces, and certain applications under foundation slabs that support dead or live heavy loads.
“Its resistance to water and moisture makes SOPRA-XPS an ideal choice in all applications, even in areas exposed to moisture,” Stuewe added. “Even when exposed to moisture, SOPRA-XPS is mold and bacteria resistant.”
For more information on SOPREMA’s SOPRA-XPS product line, like product data sheets and specifications, visit www.soprema.us.