Simpson Strong-Tie, the leader in engineered structural connectors and building solutions, will bring a suite of innovative design technologies as well as a comprehensive selection of structural fastener and connector solutions to the 2020 International Builders’ Show (IBS) January 21–23 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
New Software Solutions
Located in Central Hall C3025, the Simpson Strong-Tie booth will showcase the powerful LotSpec options management software for production builders and the latest version of the popular Simpson Strong-Tie Deck Planner Software designed to let suppliers, deck builders, and homeowners quickly and easily design dream deck projects. Building on the success of Deck Planner Software, Simpson Strong-Tie will also unveil its free Pergola Planner Software at IBS.
Created as a solution for managing builder design and plan options in a 2D or 3D workflow, LotSpec is an application add-in suite for Autodesk Revit and Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture. LotSpec automates the process of creating lot-specific construction documents used for permitting and construction based on customer option selections and provides a powerful set of tools for producing master plan sets commonly used for bidding and approval processes.
Introducing Outdoor Accents Avant Collection
IBS attendees visiting the Simpson Strong-Tie booth will also be provided with a first look at the Avant Collection, a major expansion of the Outdoor Accents line of decorative hardware. With straight edges and chamfered corners, Avant wood connectors and fasteners offer a clean look that complements nearly every design. Featuring a black powder coat and an innovative washer-and-fastener combo, the new line brings both effortless style and tested strength to outdoor living structures such as pergolas, gazebos and patio covers.
Additional Simpson Strong-Tie solutions to be showcased at IBS include the following:
- The patent-pending LSSR field-adjustable rafter hanger and LSSJ face-mount adjustable jack hanger
- The patent-pending CSHP high-performance coiled utility strap
- The high-performance BTH brick tie for connecting masonry veneer to wood structures across airspaces between 2" and 3" in width
- The BVLZ brick veneer ledger connector for safely adding a deck to an existing house through a brick veneer exterior
- The patent-pending, code-listed MPBZ designed to provide moment resistance for columns and posts
- The Strong-Drive WSV Subfloor screws reengineered to drive faster and reduce squeaks
- The Quik Stik installation tool that makes overhead fastening of rafter and truss connections fast, safe and easy
Tech Bytes — Wednesday, January 22
Simpson Strong-Tie will also be presenting as part of the IBS 2020 Tech Bytes interactive demos showcasing practical, real-world applications of emerging technologies. Distance Collaboration: How Technology & Teamwork Are the Future of the Construction Process will detail how innovative builder collaboration and BIM design technologies were key in expediting new design concepts at Winchester Homes’ Cabin Branch community in Clarksburg, MD. The fast-paced session will be held Wednesday, January 22, from 12:45 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. in the Tech Bytes B lounge located in the Las Vegas Convention Center South 231.