DuPont Protection Solutions announced the introduction of its newest product offering in North America, DuPont Corian Exterior Cladding. Architects who want to make a timeless design statement can now turn to Corian® Exterior Cladding offering for their next project. In addition to durability, beauty and longevity, Corian enables monolithic design, unique patterns and lighting effects uncommon in standard exterior façade materials.
Corian Exterior Cladding is now available in 15 UV stable colors with excellent colorfastness. The offering also provides weatherability benefits, including high-performance durability through its great resistance to impact, humidity and fungi – making it an excellent choice for ventilated façade construction. The light-weight material allows for reduced structural load while having the tensile strength to provide resistance against wind loads and being compatible with typical building components. In addition, Corian Exterior Cladding has proven to be a low-maintenance solution over time and even if covered with difficult dirt or graffiti, the panels can be restored to their original appearance through cleaning and sanding.
“The Corian Design global organization has developed the technical expertise and product offering to demonstrate Corian as a modern design material to achieve on-trend, unique architectural visions, while maintaining functional characteristics desirable for exteriors,” said Beth Stewart, global business development manager, Corian® Design at DuPont.
“Architects around the world are discovering and exploiting the qualities of Corian® to create functional and visually stunning solutions for commercial building design,” added Stewart.
Corian Exterior Cladding has been included on over 100 very high profile global projects:
- Global headquarters for Corian in Wilmington, designed by Jacobs Kling Stubbins uses Corian Exterior Cladding in an interesting sun fin application.
- The AT&T World Headquarters building in Dallas, Texas, featuring Corian Exterior Cladding as an entrance focal point to the building.
- Hotel Seeko in Bordeaux, France, features Corian Exterior Cladding in a modern façade application among very traditional and historic nearby buildings.
- Ingo Schafer/GSP Architects designed the Microsoft Headquarters in Munich, Germany, featuring Corian Exterior Cladding.
- Mackey + Partners took advantage of the translucent nature of Corian Exterior Cladding and backlit Motel One in London, U.K.
- Iconic OVO Wroclaw multiuse building in Wroclaw, Poland, designed by Gottesmann & Szmelcman Architecture takes advantage of the thermoformability capability Corian Exterior Cladding offers with oversized curved panels encapsulating the structure.
For more information and a look at completed Corian Exterior Cladding projects, visit http://www.corian.com/-exteriorcladding.