Mortar Net Solutions, the leading supplier of moisture management solutions for masonry walls, introduced DriPlane, its drainage plane for exterior rainscreen and adhered masonry walls, at the 2017 World of Concrete trade show. DriPlane is designed for use between the structural wall and exterior cladding and is ideal for stucco, thin brick and stone, fiber cement, vinyl and wood siding, manufactured stone and most other absorptive claddings.
The easy-to-install system helps prevent peeling, cracking or blistering by allowing the backside of the exterior finish to drain and dry quickly and completely. Some of the major benefits of DriPlane include:
- A 90 percent, open-weave polypropylene mesh with attached moisture- and vapor-permeable fabric for rapid drainage and drying.
- Easy to install using familiar tools.
- Molded-in channels providing clear, continuous drainage and ventilation pathways.
- Allows complete encapsulation of metal lath in adhered masonry applications.
- Acts as a capillary and mortar break between cladding and the weather resistant barrier.
- Black color makes DriPlane virtually invisible through gaps in rainscreen veneers.
- Allows siding and veneers to move independently of the structural wall to help prevent damage due to variations in expansion/contraction rates of wall components.
Features for standard 1/4-inch-thick DriPlane include convenient 4-foot by 65-foot rolls for rapid coverage and fewer seams. Also available in 3/8-inch (10 mm) and 3/4-inch thickness options. Unique UV-resistant packaging protects DriPlane rolls from degradation when they’re stored outside, and extra-large product labels are easy to read from a distance.
“With the increase in demand for drainage planes in rainscreen and adhered masonry walls and new energy codes driving significant building envelope design changes, DriPlane is another example of Mortar Net’s ability to remain ahead of the moisture management solutions demand curve,” said Gary Johnson, president of Mortar Net Solutions.
For more information, visit www.mortarnet.com/driplane.