The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) and the Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute (CFSEI), in cooperation with the Wei-Wen Yu Center for Cold-Formed Steel Structures at the Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla, Mo., are co-sponsors of the Wei-Wen Yu International Specialty Conference on Cold-Formed Steel Structures 2016. This year’s conference will be held November 9-10 at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore Hotel in Baltimore, Md. A total of 1.6 continuing education units (CEUs) will be available for participants.
The biennial event brings together leading scientists, researchers, educators and engineers in the field of research and design of cold-formed steel structures to discuss recent research findings and design considerations. Eleven technical sessions will be presented during the two-day event, with presentations on:
- Member design
- Compression members
- Flexural members
- Shear and web crippling
- Technology transfer
- Rack structures
- Behavior of systems and frames
- Roof and wall systems
- Shear walls
- Light steel framing
AISI Manager of Construction Standards Development Helen Chen, Ph.D., P.E., LEED AP; Roger Brockenbrough, P.E.., R.L. Brockenbrough & Associates, Inc.; and Richard Haws, P.E., Nucor Buildings Group will present a paper on “AISI Standards Developed and Updated in 2015 and 2016.” The presentation will provide an overview of the following AISI standards:
- AISI S220-15: North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – Nonstructural Members, 2015 Edition
- AISI S230-15: North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – Prescriptive Method for One and Two Family Dwellings, 2015 Edition
- AISI S240-15: North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing, 2015 Edition
- AISI S400-15: North American Standard for Seismic Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Systems, 2015 Edition
- AISI S915-15: Test Standard for Through-the-Web Punchout Cold-Formed Steel Wall Stud Bridging Connectors, 2015 Edition
- AISI S916-15: Test Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – Nonstructural Interior Partition Walls With Gypsum Board, 2015 Edition
- AISI S100-16: North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members, 2016 Edition
- AISI S310-16: North American Standard for the Design of Profiled Steel Diaphragm Panels, 2016 Edition
The recipients of the Wei-Wen Yu Student Scholars Program and the Wei-Wen Yu Outstanding Student Paper Award will be recognized on November 9, 2016. These students are selected based on papers they submit and given the opportunity to present them during the conference. A volume of conference proceedings will be available to participants at the outset of the conference.
Additional sponsors of the Wei-Wen Yu International Specialty Conference on Cold-Formed Steel Structures include the Metal Building Manufacturers Association (MBMA), Rack Manufacturers Institute (RMI), Steel Deck Institute (SDI) and Steel Framing Industry Association (SFIA).
For more information on the conference program and registration, visit http://ccfssonline.org.