The Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association has recently confirmed 11 topics for its third biennial International Roof Coatings Conference July 18-21, 2016 in Philadelphia, PA. The 2016 IRCC will feature the following speakers and topics selected by the RCMA IRCC Working Group:
- “Advanced Elastomeric Cool Roof Coatings for Highly Weatherable Stay-Clean Coatings” Rick Miner, Arkema Coating Resins
- “Development of the Roof Coatings Product Category Rule (PCR)” Benjamin Borns and Doug Mazeffa, KST Coatings
- “Hybrid Silyated Polyurethane Prepolymer Designed for High Performance Roof Coatings” Misty Huang, Momentive Performance Materials
- “Life Cycle Cost Analysis Using Roof Coatings, a Study in Sustainable Roofing” William A. Kirn, Roof Technology Management, Inc.
- “Reducing Peak Electrical Demand with Reflective Roofs" Jim Hoff, TEGNOS Research, Inc. and Andre Desjarlais, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
- “Roof Preservation or Roof Restoration with Coatings: Thin or Thick Film?” Joe Rokowski, Insulating Coatings Corporation
- “Simulating Three Years of Roofing Material Weathering in a Mere Three Days” Carolyn Richter, Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC)
- “The Costs and Benefits of Sustainable Roofing on Affordable Housing” Keith Glassbrook, Capital E / Global Cool Cities Alliance (GCCA)
- “The New Green Scene Challenge: Material Health and Ingredient Disclosure” Lorraine Ross, Intech Consulting, Inc.
- “Understanding and Improving Ponded Water Performance” Victoria Demarest, The Dow Chemical Company
- “Your First Step to Success – Substrate Preparation” Jim Arnold, Kemper System America
The conference will begin on Monday, July 18 and will continue through noon on Wednesday, July 20. Following the IRCC programming, the RCMA Summer Meeting, open to both RCMA members and non-members, will continue through the morning of Thursday, July 21. Discounted “early bird” registration will open in early April 2016.
A list of RCMA IRCC conference partners is available on the RCMA website at the following link. Please contact RCMA Staff Associate Jared Rothstein at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the distribution lists to receive conference and registration updates.