The International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC) announced its first class of CBECxP certification holders. The group of 15 individuals who had earlier applied for IIBEC’s new credential are now officially certified in building enclosure commissioning.
The first class of IIBEC CBECxP certification holders are:
- Grahm M. Balkany, RBEC, RRC, RWC, REWC, CBECxP, AIA, CPHC; Grahm Balkany: Architect; Chicago, IL
- Richard L. Cook, Jr., F-IIBEC, RBEC, RRC, RWC, REWC, CBECxP, RRO, REWO, CSRP, SC, ACEM, CCS, LEED; The BEE Group, Charleston, SC
- Thomas M. Gernetzke, F-IIBEC, RBEC, RRC, RWC, REWC, CBECxP; Building Envelope Professionals Group LLC; Madison, WI
- Rupesh K. Gulati, RBEC, RRC, RWC, REWC, CBECxP, AIA, LEED AP; Raymond; Orlando, FL
- Stephen E. Hentz, RBEC, RRC, RWC, REWC, CBECxP, REWO, PE, CDT; REI Engineers; Harrisburg, PA
- Mike Ingram, RRC, REWC, CBECxP, PE; Affiliated Engineers Inc.; Chapel Hill, NC
- Dmitrii Konkov, CBECxP, P. Eng.; McCuaig & Associates Engineering Ltd.; Vancouver, BC
- David M. Krekelberg, RRC, RWC, CBECxP, PE; REI Engineers; Raleigh, NC
- Mike W. Lackey, CBECxP, PE, LEED AP, CxA, CFM, CCP, CEM; LCCx; San Antonio, TX
- Shawn W. LeCrone, RRC, CBECxP, RRO, REWO, CD; BEAM Professionals; Sacramento, CA
- Eric R. Raatz, RBEC, RRC, RWC, REWC, CBECxP, RRO; Building Envelope Professionals Group LLC; Madison, WI
- John Rippel, CBECxP, PE; Commissioning and Green Building Solutions; Jackson, MS
- Robert E. Tomlinson, RRC, CBECxP; REI Engineers; Raleigh, NC
- Jeremiah L. Webster, RBEC, RRC, RWC, REWC, CBECxP, RRO, PE; REI Engineers; Charlotte, NC
- Robert J. Whitcomb, RRC, CBECxP, AIA; CB Goldsmith & Associates Inc.; Tampa, FL
A CBECxP credentialed individual ensures the proper installation of materials, components, assemblies, and systems to meet the objectives and requirements of the owner defined in the contract documents. Candidates must have the knowledge and skills to serve as the technical and administrative director of the building enclosure commissioning process, beginning with the documentation of the owner’s project requirements during predesign and extending through the design, bidding, and negotiations, construction, and occupancy and operations phases of the project.
“Congratulations to our first group of certified building enclosure commissioning providers!” said IIBEC President Amy Peevey. “We are delighted to see years of certification development pay off with such an exceptional class of professionals—a fantastic building block for IIBEC’s certifications program.”
Added IIBEC Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer Brian Pallasch, "After years of planning and preparing, IIBEC is proud to announce this first class of CBECxP certification holders. We’re committed to making CBECxP the industry standard for building enclosure commissioning—and to making IIBEC the premier source for building enclosure credentials.”
IIBEC will be exhibiting at CxEnergy, an international conference for commissioning, energy management, and building technology in Dallas, Texas. Stop by booth 210 to learn more about the CBECxP program.
Learn more about the CBECxP credential at https://iibec.org/credentials/cbecxp/.