Atlas announced the introduction of EnergyShield XR, the foundation for high-performance building design. The new polyiso insulation product is specifically engineered to provide continuous insulation for foundation walls and under slab use. EnergyShield XR expands upon their polyiso wall solutions to create a versatile, industry-leading portfolio for both commercial and residential applications.
“We are pleased to introduce this new product for below-grade applications,” said Jen Frey, Senior Product Manager for wall insulation at Atlas. “As a premium building solution designed for architects, designers, and builders, EnergyShield XR effectively insulates the building foundation to help improve energy efficiency and interior comfort for occupants. It’s engineered to effectively reduce energy loss through foundation walls with exceptional durability to resist loads from soil and hydrostatic pressure.”
High Thermal Efficiency For Below-Grade Applications
Building foundations by definition are the start for high-performance design. Optimizing thermal efficiency and mitigating potential moisture problems for below-grade walls are important to the overall building performance. EnergyShield XR is a polyiso rigid foam board comprised of a closed-cell structure with impermeable, durable facers that offer a high R-value per inch of thickness and resists moisture absorption, providing an effective material to insulate in all climates. Its capacity to serve as a vapor retarder, high compressive strength and ease of handling makes it a high-performing solution for building foundations.
Additional EnergyShield XR benefits include:
- Deliver More With Less: Polyiso has the highest R-value per inch when compared to other insulation products. This allows polyiso to meet or exceed R-value requirements with a thinner profile and therefore delivers more boards per truckload.
- Exceptional Durability: With a standard compression strength at 25 psi, EnergyShield XR resists pressures from backfill and the durable facers offer added impact protection.
- Material Compatibility: Polyiso is compatible with the majority of mastic or solvent-based products, such as adhesives, flashings, and damp-proofing, making component selection simpler and installation quicker. Adding insulation against the foundation wall helps mitigate damage to the waterproofing membrane.
- Responsibly Manufactured: EnergyShield XR is manufactured with environmentally responsible processes, an established core formulation, and recycled content to provide a sustainable solution. It also meets UL GREENGUARD. Gold, one of the industry’s most stringent environmental standards and sustainable building code goals. Atlas’s broad North American manufacturing footprint also helps source material closer to project locations.
- Makes Light Work of Installation: EnergyShield XR is easy to cut and move around the jobsite. Plus, it is prescored to help expedite installation even further.
- 15-Year Warranty: EnergyShield XR is backed by a limited 15-year thermal warranty.
EnergyShield XR is available nationally from manufacturing plants and distribution facilities across North America. For more information about EnergyShield XR, please visit wall.atlasrwi.com/energyshield-xr.