ASSA ABLOY, the global leader in access solutions, will be onsite at the A’22 AIA Conference on Architecture this year to support and guide architects and interior design professionals as they explore new options in aesthetic, decorative and functional doors and door hardware.
The company invites attendees to AIA Booth 2038 at McCormick Place in Chicago, June 22-25, where they’ll be showcasing their comprehensive line of door, frame and hardware designs, glass solutions for daylighting and a wide range of hardware finish color choices that help communicate branding, wayfinding and biophilia in fresh, imaginative ways.
“Doors, frames and hardware should play a key part in defining a sense of place,” says Sandy Matheny, ASSA ABLOY’s Director of Decorative Openings. “When you think about it, door hardware can be one of the most intimate points of contact we have while entering and moving through a building environment. This means that the role of a door opening is much greater than operating properly. It must also look fantastic and enhance the experience of its surroundings.”
Matheny adds that no other door security solutions provider offers what ASSA ABLOY does to create secure, safe, energy efficient, acoustic and blast/ballistic rated products that are as aesthetically pleasing and harmonize as well with the unique design of a space.
ASSA ABLOY will feature the following at AIA:
- A wide range of sustainable, resilient door openings solutions, including the RITE Slide integrated barn sliding door system that combines a sleek profile with an STC 34 privacy rating
- A new product showcase, highlighting the latest in decorative door and door hardware solutions, including:
- Rockwood Knurled Pulls
- Rockwood 495 Fantom Doorstops
- Rockwood FL3301 Flat Latch Locking Pulls
- ColorMerse 4E Translucent Brass Equivalent Finishes
- Norton Rixson Overhead Concealed Closers
- Custom hardware featuring The Good Design® award winning lever from The Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
- Safer2Open™ Solutions for low-touch and touchless openings that address the ongoing need to reduce the spread of germs in facilities
- The newest real-time wireless, intelligent WiFi and wired access control locks, including the latest additions to the Aperio® family of solutions—the Securitron DR100 integrated access control door relay and the Adams Rite DL100 wireless deadlatch
- A great selection of door controls including low energy door operators
- The latest in ergonomic, aesthetic sliding track hardware
- Energy efficiency solutions for the building envelope and sustainable access control
- An interactive kiosk to explore how Openings Studio™ helps visualize and manage door opening solutions, develop specs and more
The company also encourages attendees to connect with ASSA ABLOY architectural and design consultants at the booth who can do a deep dive into architect and end user aesthetic, sustainability and accessibility door opening needs and help them mine the rich range of ASSA ABLOY’s creative solutions and environmentally friendly products.
Sustainability on Display
Another focal point at AIA this year is the strong interest and demand for more sustainable and resilient products. ASSA ABLOY continues to strengthen its long-term commitment to providing solutions that are environmentally sound throughout the entire production process and product lifecycle, and will be addressing ways its doors, frames, hardware and other openings innovations help meet sustainability challenges and comply with Red List free criteria.
Earn CEUs from ASSA ABLOY
- ASSA ABLOY’s sustainability story will be a key focus in this year’s AIA presentation “A Holistic Approach to Sustainable Building Products” scheduled for Wednesday, June 22 at noon. Amy Musanti, Sustainability Director at ASSA ABLOY Opening Solutions America, will be on the panel that also includes representatives from mindful MATERIALS, Kohler Co., and GreenBiz Group. Find details and LU information here.
- On Friday, June 24, Matthew Drag, ASSA ABLOY’s Openings Studio Building Technologies Consultant, will present “The Digitalization of Door Opening Specifications” to showcase the next generation of software tools and processes that represent the future of this design specialty. Find more information on the learning objectives and CEUs for the presentation here.
- ASSA ABLOY Academy also offers ongoing opportunities to earn CEUs through AIA-approved courses on codes, standards, sustainability and door & hardware basics for architects.