Owens Corning announced its latest advancement: PINK Next Gen™ Fiberglas™ insulation. Featuring advanced fiber technology, this superior insulation solution enables up to 23% faster installation compared to our existing products.
The advanced fiber technology of PINK Next Gen™ Fiberglas™ creates a tightly woven network of soft, fine fibers to form a super-resilient blanket of insulating micro-pockets. Leveraging several new technology innovations, the new product is safe for installers and residents and faster to install than competitive insulation products and spray foam insulation. Because no hazardous chemicals are required to be mixed on the install site, there is less potential for human error, increasing peace of mind for installers and residents.
“Contractors today have high performance expectations and extremely tight timelines,” said Joe Wagner, Insulation marketing director. “This product evolution is a significant step-change in meeting the needs of contractors, as well as installers, builders and homeowners.”
The product is designed to meet building codes and help professionals manage through tight labor timelines and budgets by reducing install time.
PINK Next Gen™ Fiberglas™ insulation focuses on solving problems in four meaningful areas:
- berglass as a material is noncombustible. It offers 99%-safer fire performance and no chemical fire retardants added to fiberglass (99% less smoke generation potential under controlled fire test conditions versus a competitive combustible insulation material).
- Made with safe, proven ingredients
- No formaldehyde added
- No hazardous chemicals mixed on-site
- Made with advanced fiber technology for up to 23% faster installation compared to our existing products
- Enables insulation of up to 161 more homes per year (Based on 1,457 square feet insulated cavity area.)
- Exceptional product recovery and improved stiffness perfectly fills standard cavities and stays put
- Fewer clumps and chunks for fast, clean cutting and splitting
- Helps projects pass inspection with visibly superior texture and smooth uniform surface that inspectors desire
- Texture is soft as cotton
- Less dust for more comfortable installation and less cleanup
- Shed-resistant and stays on the batt, not on installers
- Improved indoor comfort and sound reduction for homeowners
- Made with 100% wind-powered electricity
- New industry standard for recycled content
- Saves 12 times the energy required to make it in the first year of use
- Underwriter Laboratories (UL) GREENGUARD certified for low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
“PINK Next Gen™ insulation sets a new standard for insulation as the right choice for contractors, builders and homeowners," Wagner added. "This is just the beginning of a series of ongoing innovations in 2021 and beyond that will enable Owens Corning to continue exceeding customers' high expectations."
PINK Next Gen™ Fiberglas™ insulation is available in the U.S. and Canada. Learn more at www.owenscorning.com/PINKNextGen.