Simpson Strong-Tie, the leader in engineered structural connectors and building solutions, announced today that its SET-3G™ high-strength epoxy anchoring adhesive is code listed for anchoring installations in submerged holes and in saturated concrete or water-filled holes.
Formulated to yield superior performance in threaded rod anchor and rebar dowel installations in cracked and uncracked concrete, SET-3G high-strength anchoring adhesive is the latest innovation in epoxy anchoring adhesives from Simpson Strong-Tie.
The two-component, one-to-one-ratio, epoxy-based anchoring adhesive formula dispenses in a uniform gray color to match surrounding concrete surfaces, and can be easily installed in downward, horizontal and overhead orientations. In addition to providing exceptional bond strength, SET-3G adhesive has been proven to outperform other products on the market. SET-3G is code listed to work with the Speed Clean™ DXS dust extraction system, which saves hole preparation time and complies with updated OSHA Silica Dust Compliance Regulations to keep workers safe from hazardous airborne dust.
“When a project requires underwater anchor installation or if weather may impede progress on a job, SET-3G provides contractors with the flexibility and versatility to continue their job,” says Simpson Strong-Tie market segment manager for concrete construction products Corey Clark. “Now code listed for underwater applications, SET-3G delivers ease of installation in the best and worst environmental conditions.”
Available in three cartridge sizes, SET-3G adhesive has been thoroughly tested in accordance with ICC-ES Acceptance Criteria for Post-Installed Adhesive Anchors in Concrete Elements (AC308) and ACI 355.4 for use in cracked and uncracked normal-weight and lightweight concrete. Additional features of SET-3G high-strength epoxy anchoring adhesive include the following:
- Qualifies for use in structures assigned to Seismic Design Categories A through F
- Provides exceptional performance and excellent bond strengths in all applications
- Code listed for use in submerged, water-filled, damp and dry holes
- Delivers improved sustained load performance at elevated temperatures
- Can be specified for in-service temperatures ranging from –40°F (–40°C) to 176°F (80°C)
- Recognized per ICC-ES for use in anchoring all types of threaded rods (including stainless), rebar and post-installed rebar development and splice length installations
For more information about SET-3G high-strength anchoring adhesive, including detailed strength design data tables, code listings, cure times and more, visit strongtie.com/set3g.