AIA Selects Recipients for the 2020 Architecture Awards
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) is recognizing eight projects with its 2020 Architecture Awards.
The 2020 Architecture Awards program celebrates the best contemporary architecture and highlights the many ways buildings and spaces can improve lives. The nine-member jury selects submissions that demonstrate design achievement, including a sense of place, purpose, history, and environmental sustainability. This year’s recipients are:
- Calgary Central Library, Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Snøhetta and DIALOG
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Terminal 2, Mumbai, India | Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
- Ed Kaplan Family Institute for Innovation and Tech Entrepreneurship, Chicago | John Ronan Architects
- Floral Court, London, United Kingdom | Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates
- Glenstone Museum, Potomac, Maryland | Thomas Phifer and Partners
- Jishou Art Museum, Jishou, China | ATELIER FCJZ
- Minnesota State Capitol Restoration, St. Paul, Minnesota | HGA
- Tivoli Hjørnet, Copenhagen, Denmark | Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
This year’s jury included a diverse group architects, clients and design professionals including Samuel M. Miller, FAIA (chair), LMN; Merrill Elam, AIA, Mack Scogin Merrill Elam Architects; Rebecca Sharkey, AIA, EHDD; Dale Frens, AIA, patterhn ives, llc; Michael Johns, FAIA, NOMA, Mdesigns + MWJ Consulting LLC; Michelle Acosta, AIA, SmithGroupJJR; Trinity Simons, Mayor's Institute on City Design; Kevin Alter, Assoc. AIA, Alterstudio Architecture and Caleb Bertels., University of Arkansas.
Visit AIA’s website for more information on the Architecture program. Contact Matt Tinder for high resolution images.