With more than 100 designer colors and patterns available in four types of blinds, VELUX America gives homeowners stylish options for making the most of their “fifth wall.”
With the acquisition of Wasco Products Inc., VELUX America now offers an expanded commercial skylight product line. Commercial builders and developers have various options for any project from warehouses and historic renovations to airports and healthcare centers. AIA attendees can see various options at booth 6107.
“There are a variety of factors that are involved when it comes to choosing the right daylighting solution for your commercial space including location, room type and even personal design preference,” said Ross Vandermark, national product manager for VELUX America. “VELUX commercial has a vast array of products because we know no project is the same.”
Structural skylight systems offer limitless design possibilities with sizes and shapes to fit any architectural vision. Many of the framing systems support spans of up to 40 feet with glazing options including energy efficient glass, hurricane-rated glass and polycarbonate. Structural skylights are available in Cluster and Extruded Gutter Systems, Continuous Vault Systems, Double Pitch, Extended Pyramid, Lean-To, Low Profile, Octogonal Pyramid, Single Pitch, Square Pyramid and Structural Ridge.
Ideal for warehouses or big box retail spaces, the Dynamic Dome commercial skylight is engineered to capture more daylight in the early morning and late afternoon. This innovative design allows the buildings’ lights to stay off nearly an extra hour per day, and research shows that it lets in an extra hour of daylight every day compared to its competitors.
“VELUX is committed to energy-efficiency and high-design, and the Dynamic Dome reflects this,” continued Vandermark. “Installing a skylight is a great way for businesses to experience the benefits of increased energy-efficiency throughout their workplaces.”
For HVAC conditioned warehouse spaces, the EcoSky3 with Lumira Aerogel Panel offers an energy efficient skylight option for hot and cool climates. Its outer acrylic sheet is infrared blocking, light diffusing and 100 percent haze white, while the Lumira® aerogel multiwall polycarbonate panel laylite boosts thermal performance and light diffusion. EcoSky3 models meet IECC 2018 requirements in all climate zones.
For projects where daylight and ventilation are priorities look to VELUX Modular Skylights, which use a prefabricated system that requires no on-site glazing to save time and allow for installation in nearly any weather condition. The VMS system comes in customizable designs available in both fixed and venting skylights, with both designed to look identical in the closed position. VELUX offers six VMS configurations:
- Longlight 5-25° - A single series of modular skylights with a low-pitch design that provides a great option for larger rooms, corridors and hallways
- Wall-Mounted Longlight 5-25° - A series of skylights that innovatively mount against a vertical wall
- Northlight 40-90° - Bands of modular skylights that are raised to allow sunlight into below rooms. The upright design makes it a great choice for installations that face the Northern Hemisphere
- Ridgelight 25-40° - Made of two symmetrical rows of self-supporting skylights that allow light and openness into areas below
- Atrium Longlight 5-25° - Multiple rows of longlights, supported only by structural beams, create a symmetrical design of venting and fixed units
- Atrium Ridgelight 25-40° - Multiple rows of ridgelights, supported only by structural beams, create a symmetrical design of venting and fixed units
In addition, the VMS skylights come in three different module options including the Fixed Skylight Module, Motorized Comfort Venting Skylight Module which opens to 410mm and the Motorized Smoke Venting Skylight Module which opens to 700mm in less than 60 seconds. Each module is watertight, airtight, durable, energy efficient and available in either two or three-layer glazing options.