DuPont Announces New Commercial Wall² Warranty
Effective June 1, 2019, DuPont Performance Building Solutions will reinforce the trusted performance of TYVEK Commercial products in combination with the durable thermal properties of STYROFOAM and THERMAX through the new DuPont Commercial Wall² Ten Year Product and Labor Warranty. For qualifying projects installed using DuPont Tyvek CommercialWrap products or Tyvek Fluid Applied WB+, in combination either with STYROFOAM Brand Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) or THERMAX Brand Rigid Insulation on the above grade wall, the building will be protected through the “power of two” DuPont Commercial Wall² warranty. The new DuPont Commercial Wall² Product and Labor Warranty will include:
● Water Hold-Out
● Air Hold-Out
● U.V. Exposure (before cladding installation) and
● Up to 50 years thermal
DuPont’s portfolio of solutions is designed for robust, durable product performance combined with easy, fast installation for labor savings. Our scientists and engineers recognize that durable communities rely on advanced material science with simple, reproducible installation that can be trusted time after time.
“At DuPont, we test our products and assemblies significantly above and beyond the building code requirements to develop rigorous installation details and guides that support our warranty,” said Tom Evans, Americas Commercial Director, DuPont Performance Building Solutions. “This unique combined system warranty supports our company’s strong leadership position in innovations, performance and reliability. The Commercial Wall “Power of Two” system offering is part of the first of its kind for one supplier to step up to support designers/installer/building owners with durable system solutions that protect structures for thriving communities.”
Visit us and learn more at booth 5838 during the 2019 AIA Conference on Architecture, taking place June 6-8, 2019, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Solutions featured include:
● STYROFOAM Brand Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) provides energy efficiency through a more sustainable insulation solution for the entire building envelope. STYROFOAM
XPS is the original extruded polystyrene foam insulation and the first in a portfolio of products that would continue to grow and evolve to meet the needs of the building and construction industry and its related markets.
● Tyvek CommercialWrap building wrap is an air and water barrier made to stand up to the rigors of commercial job sites, with high tear-strength, durability, and up to nine months of UV resistance. Tyvek Building Envelope Solutions help make buildings more durable, comfortable and energy-efficient.
● THERMAX Brand Rigid Insulation is a polyisocyanurate rigid board insulation for interior and exterior continuous insulation. THERMAX products include an innovative core surrounded by a tough exterior facer of a variety of ranges and aesthetic appearance.
● Tyvek Fluid Applied WB+ is a next-generation weather barrier with Silyl-terminated polyether (STPE) technology. The Tyvek Fluid Applied WB+ system combines superior air/water holdout and industry-leading vapor permeability, into a membrane that provides fast rain resistance with high elongation and recovery properties on most commercial substrates.
● Corian Exteriors by DuPont has offered architects around the globe unparalleled design flexibility for more than a decade. Corian Solid Surface is a highly durable and low maintenance material unique with through-body color for beautiful, yet functional exterior solutions that can be easily installed as a ventilated rainscreen system.
● GREAT STUFF Insulating Foam Sealants are specially formulated to seal gaps and cracks to block air, moisture and even pests — making it perfect for any of project needs. The GREAT STUFF PRO Series is designed to help pros get the job done fast, professionally and cost efficiently, providing customers with more energy efficient, comfortable homes.
● LIQUIDARMOR Flashing and Sealant product line is an innovative, liquid applied flashing alternative to traditional, self-adhered flashing tape. These elastomeric spray or trowel applied products form a tight, seamless barrier along the rough openings of windows and doors while helping to significantly reduce labor time.