Rhino Linings Corporation, a global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of spray-on protective linings, coatings and foam, today announced the release of a complete cool roof system engineered to improve building energy efficiency while extending the service life of new and existing roofs.
The DuraTite spray polyurethane foam (SPF) roofing system holds a UL 790 Class A fire rating and is designed to provide a lightweight insulation system over various roof constructions and configurations. Unlike traditional roofing methods, DuraTite SPF roofing system offers a high R-value for superior thermal insulation, covers complex geometrical shapes and protrusions and applies directly to existing substrates in new and retrofit applications.
In addition to DuraTite SPF roofing system’s high-performance, it also offers significant life-cycle cost savings. An SPF roofing system is seamless and requires little-to-no maintenance. Roofing topcoats, like DuraTite acrylic, silicone, urethane and polyurea coatings may be reapplied numerous times, increasing the life of the roof.
"Coupled with the energy savings and reduction of in-house maintenance costs, the DuraTite SPF roofing system offers a tremendous long-term cost efficiency advantage over traditional roofing systems," stated Pierre Gagnon, president and CEO of Rhino Linings Corporation. "We are excited to now offer a solution to the ever-growing demand for energy efficient cool roofs in the building and construction industry."
The complete system combines spray foam with a full range of acrylic, silicone, urethane and polyurea coatings for a total roofing system that insulates, seals, and protects. Products in this system include:
- Acrylic Coatings — DuraTite 1065 and DuraTite 1070 single component, acrylic roof coatings demonstrate excellent adhesion to polyurethane foam, concrete, masonry, primed metal, primed wood and primed asphalt roofs. When applied at 12 DFT (dry film thickness) and fully cured, DuraTite 1065 and 1070 exhibit exceptional weatherability and resistance.
- Silicone Coatings — DuraTite 1380 and DuraTite 1395 are high solid, single component, silicone coatings with low VOCs and excellent chemical and abrasion resistance. When applied, DuraTite 1380 and 1395 form a breathable membrane, making it an ideal choice for new and recoat applications over metals, single-ply membranes, masonry block, concrete and spray polyurethane foam roofing systems where moisture may be present.
- Urethane Coatings — DuraTite 1175 and DuraTite 1285 are high solid, single component urethane coatings that can be applied in a wide range of ambient temperatures and humidity levels. Both offer superior impact and crack resistance. DuraTite 1285 also offers enhanced UV stability.
- Polyurea Coatings — DuraTite 2185 is a fast set, rapid cure, 100 percent solids, plural component aluminized polyurea spray-applied lining offers enhanced UV stability and remains flexible in cold temperatures. DuraTite 2185 demonstrates exceptional adhesion to spray polyurethane foam, concrete, bitumen and asphaltic roofing felts, steel, wood and most substrates in extreme cold and warm climates.
- Spray Polyurethane Foam — DuraTite CC 2.5, DuraTite 2.8 and DuraTite 3.0 closed-cell polyurethane foam products’ lightweight, seamless construction ensures leak-proof performance and allows for value engineering labor and material cost savings.
DuraTite SPF roofing system guide specifications and 5, 10, 15, 20-year warranties are available for use on roof substrates such as metal, built-up roof membrane, single ply, wood recoat and concrete. To learn more about Rhino Linings SPF roofing system and roof coatings, visit http://spf.rhinolinings.com.