The Wei-Wen Yu Center for Cold-Formed Steel Structures has issued a Call for Papers for presentation at its International Specialty Conference on Cold-Formed Steel Structures 2016, which will be held November 9-10, 2016 in Baltimore, Md. Abstracts are due to the CCFSS by December 31, 2015.
The International Specialty Conference is a biennial event that draws leading researchers, engineers, manufacturers, educators and students who engage in research, design, manufacture and the use of cold-formed steel members. It is an opportunity for technical presentations on a wide variety of topics related to cold-formed steel, discussion, and networking.
The conference will include presentations on:
- Basic and applied research
- Structural design
- Development of new products
- Development of new design criteria
- Manufacturing technique
- Construction methods
- Economy and effective use of cold-formed steel
- Engineering education
In addition to presentations, two conference awards will be presented:
- Wei-Wen Yu Outstanding Paper Award – Awarded to the best student authored or co-authored paper at the conference.
- Wei-Wen Yu Student Scholars Program – Awarded to qualified university students to provide travel reimbursement support to attend and present a paper at the conference.
Since 1971, 22 International Specialty Conferences on Cold-Formed Steel Structures have been conducted. The 2016 conference will be held back-to-back with the International Conference on Coupled Instabilities in Metal Structures (November 7-8, 2016).
For more information on abstract submission and other details, visit http://ccfssonline.org/international-specialty-conference/.