CSI and the American Institute of Architects have announced CSI’s endorsement of the AIA’s Design-Build documents. This endorsement follows a thorough review of the 2014 documents by CSI liaisons to the AIA Contract Documents Committee and by the CSI Technical Committee, both of which analyzed the documents for good industry practice, consistency, and alignment with CSI core technical values.
“Design-Build represents a method of project delivery that integrates the relationship between designers and contractors for enhanced collaboration and teamwork,” said Robert W Simmons FCSI, CCPR, CSC, President of CSI. Given the diversity of CSI’s membership, AIA’s Design-Build agreements present a highly desirable means of establishing project teams to meet owner performance requirements.”
The endorsement by CSI includes the following AIA Contract Documents:
- AIA Document A141–2014, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Design-Builder
- AIA Document A142–2014, Standard Form of Agreement Between Design-Builder and Contractor
- AIA Document A441–2014, Standard Form of Agreement Between Contractor and Subcontractor
- AIA Document B143–2014, Standard Form of Agreement Between Design-Builder and Architect
- AIA Document C141–2014, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Consultant for a Design-Build Project
- AIA Document C441–2014, Standard Form of Agreement Between Architect and Consultant for a Design-Build Project
“This endorsement is a testament to the quality and importance of our Design-Build documents and reinforces AIA’s leadership position in the industry with respect to this growing delivery method,” said Deborah DeBernard, AIA, NCARB, Architect AIBC, LEED BD&C, Senior Vice President, AIA Contract Documents. “We are honored to have the endorsement of this esteemed organization.”
The 2014 Design-Build documents are available for purchase in the latest version of the AIA Contract Documents desktop software, and online through AIA Documents-on-Demand, and AIA Documents-on-Demand Plus.