Building designers, facility managers and construction professionals will want to be in attendance at the RCI 2011 Symposium on Building Envelope Technology, Oct. 10-11, 2011, at the Westin Charlotte in Charlotte, N.C.
RALEIGH, N.C. - Building designers, facility managers and construction professionals will want to be in attendance at the RCI 2011 Symposium on Building Envelope Technology, Oct. 10-11, 2011, at the Westin Charlotte in Charlotte, N.C.
The two-day program will feature 12 different educational sessions presented by leading building envelope designers. Speakers will offer experience-based insights for specification of sound, durable building exteriors. Most programs will focus on repair and sustainable design methods for strengthening and improving existing exterior envelopes.
Leading building envelope product manufacturers will be present with displays of the latest products and services. Over 200 building envelope professionals are expected to attend.
Educational presentations will include:
-What Do You Mean There is No Base Flashing Height? How to Detail Your Way Out of (Almost) Anything
- Preventing Failures in Hot-Applied Rubberized Asphalt Systems
- Recladding Case Study: CUNA Mutual Insurance Society Building
- A Rising Concern: Failures of Adhered Rigid Insulation
- The Latest and Greatest Enclosure Systems . . . Never Mind
- Nonconventional Approaches to Façade Restoration
- Going Beyond the Green Fuzzy: Measuring Runoff Reduction of Modular Vegetative Roofs
- Design Considerations for Open Joint Rainscreen Cladding Systems
- Case Study: Analysis of Condensation in Exterior Walls Clad with Precast Concrete
- Performance Concerns with Wood-Framed Attics
- Winter Rain Inside High-Rise Buildings
For more information, visitwww.rci-online.org/symposium.htmlor call 800-828-1902. RCI is an international association of professional consultants, architects, and engineers who specialize in the specification and design of roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall systems. RCI regularly hosts education programs designed to demystify and explain the application of roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall technologies. For more information about RCI, visitwww.rci-online.org.