Saint-Gobain Stimulates Design Inspiration, Promotes Sustainable Habitat at AIA
VALLEY FORGE, Pa. – Saint-Gobain, a building products manufacturer, is bringing new energy and robust product innovation to the 2011 American Institute of Architects (AIA) Convention, which starts today in New Orleans, as part of a collaborative exhibit with nine of its affiliated companies. With more than 30 products on display and a lineup of world-class technical experts, the exhibit offers architects a valuable resource for next generation building systems.
Leading Saint-Gobain subsidiary CertainTeed Corporation, which offers the most comprehensive portfolio of interior and exterior building products in North America, anchors the exhibit and will be showcasing its Ecophon and Decoustics ceilings brands. The exhibit will also include Saint-Gobain companies Vetrotech, Saint-Gobain Glass, Saint-Gobain Solar, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Saint-Gobain Technical Fabrics and SAGE Electrochromics.
“Saint-Gobain represents a deeply rooted, long-standing commitment to building and sustaining a comfortable, energy efficient and safe habitat - the living natural environment where we work and live,” said Gilles Colas, President and CEO of Saint-Gobain Corporation. “As the reference in sustainable habitat, we are leveraging our technical expertise on a global level, increasing collaboration among the Saint-Gobain family of companies in North America, and leading the charge for high performance, sustainable buildings.”
At the exhibit, CertainTeed will unveil the results of a recent life cycle analysis in which its vinyl siding products dramatically outperformed brick and cedar cladding materials. The results, which dispel commonly held misperceptions about vinyl siding, have been published through the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Building for Economic and Environmental Sustainability.
Saint-Gobain Solar will announce the availability of Avancis PowerMax in the North American market, a premium class photovoltaic module that achieves the highest levels of efficiency in the thin-film sector. PowerMax combines thin-film Copper–Indium–Selenide solar power technology with a sophisticated slim design, providing an ultra-efficient, cost-effective energy solution.
Products showcased in the exhibit include:
• Sheerfill with EverClean self-cleaning architectural membrane, comprising a photocatalyticTiO2-based surface that offers protection from bacteria, mold, dirt and odor.
• AirRenew gypsum board from CertainTeed and NOVELIO wall coverings, featuring revolutionary technologies that actively improve indoor air quality.
• LITEFLAM glass floors and skylights, representing the industry’s first fully tested, fire-rated, load-bearing glass floor.
• Sustainable Insulation from CertainTeed, a proven and reliable fiberglass technology with no formaldehydes, dyes, or acrylics added.
• SageGlass electronically tintable glass, which represents the most advanced electrochromic technology developed for architectural applications.
• ContrastView glass, used in building facades and partitions where transparency is maintained from the inside while a color, pattern or design is displayed on the outside.
• EnerGen Photovoltaic Solar Power Roofing System from CertainTeed, which seamlessly integrates with traditional asphalt roofing shingles.