Deluxe Corporation and Canvas announced today a pilot program that will deliver Deluxe’s most popular paper forms to its small business customers with a smartphone application designed to run on Android, Windows Mobile and Blackberry, as well as laptops, netbooks and tablet-based computing devices. During the pilot, the apps are available at the Deluxe Mobile App Store and will be free for a limited time.
“At Deluxe, our goal is to provide small business with innovative solutions that make it easier to manage and grow their businesses,” said Ed Wolfe, strategic alliances manager for Deluxe Corporation. “Our new mobile apps offer small businesses a whole new way to fill-out and manage their paperwork - from service estimates to work orders - quickly and easily.”
Using a smartphone, small businesses can collect information, which then can be:
- Sent wirelessly to clients’ e-mail addresses.
- Automatically forwarded to the appropriate departments within a company (accounting, operations, etc).
- Viewed online later, where users can create their own custom reports.
- Downloaded into Excel or other reporting tools for further analysis.
- Integrated into a user’s back-office system like QuickBooks or others.
“With this partnership, small businesses will be able to take advantage of these well known Deluxe products in new and innovative ways,” said Jim Quigley, CEO, Canvas. “We are proud to team with Deluxe as they harness the ubiquity of smartphones to make it easier and more efficient for small businesses to operate.”
For more information about Canvas, visit www.gocanvas.com.
For more information about Deluxe Corporation, visit www.deluxe.com.