COVID-19 Update from Metal-Era
A message from the company:
Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers announced this morning a “Safer in Home” order designed to slow the transmission of COVID-19, and limit non-essential business. Metal-Era serves the commercial roofing industry which is essential to theprotection of hospitals, government facilities, infrastructure, and more. In Wisconsin, manufacturers such as Metal-Era will be allowed to remain open. We are here to serve your need as we navigate with you in reducing the impact of COVID-19 on our employees, customers, and partners. Some of the steps we have taken and useful information regarding Metal-Eraas a supply partner:
- We have moved the majority of our office workforce to their homes to work remotely and limit interactions.
- We have split essential functions in the facility into two teams, Red and Blue, and created separation in their schedules to create more social distance in our plant while maintaining essential functions. This team approach aligns with our core values.
- We have increased cleaning functions in our daily routine, limited meeting size, and increased remote communications within our walls.
- We have suspended all travel other than local small number meetings and essential distance, and limited visitor access.
- We have worked through PTO, child care, and hourly changes to support our teammates financially and emotionally.
- Almost 100% of Metal-Era raw materials are sourced in the US and to date our supply chain and inventory level shave remained intact.
- Our team is ready to serve customers now or on the other side of any project issues they may experience.
- We have included a certificate of shipment of supplies related to critical infrastructure. This can be used if anyone is questioning the transport or use of our products.
Metal-Era strongly believes in the resilience of our employees, customers, and partners to overcome the unique challenges in this situation. We are proud to be a manufacturer partner standing with each of you during this challenge.