USG Corporation, a leading building materials manufacturer, is pleased to launch its newest wallboard innovation, USG Securock Brand UltraLight Glass-Mat Sheathing. This lightweight exterior sheathing is the lightest 5/8-inch Type X glass-mat sheathing available – up to 20 percent lighter than competitive sheathings – and is being unveiled at the INTEX Expo in New Orleans in the USG Booth, #701.
USG Securock Brand UltraLight Glass-Mat Sheathing features a re-engineered high-strength lightweight gypsum core, and is ideal for use as a substrate under brick, stone, stucco, siding and EIFS.
“Our customers are always looking for innovative products to give them an edge, which is why USG is focused on bringing our gypsum panel technology to the glass-mat category,” explained Greg Salah, Senior Vice President, USG Corporation and President, North America. “We’re confident that contractors will see the immediate productivity benefits of installing this new product.”
Beyond lightweight, other features and benefits of this product include:
- Coated fiberglass facer mat to maximize coverage of air/water barrier systems
- Treated gypsum core, combined with fiberglass face and back, offers exceptional water resistance
- Achieves 10 out of 10 on ASTM D3273 Test for Mold
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM C1177
- Low VOC emitting material (meets CA 01350), achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification
USG Securock Brand UltraLight Glass-Mat Sheathing will rollout regionally. For more information, visit usg.com.