Global design and BIM software solutions provider Vectorworks, Inc. received several nominations for this year’s Construction Computing Awards. The company itself and Vectorworks Architect were nominated for three awards, while the Nomad app also received recognition. Jonathan Reeves, director of Jonathan Reeves Architects, obtained three nominations for his projects and work as a Vectorworks trainer.
Now in its thirteenth year and known as “The Hammers,” the awards program showcases and rewards the technology, tools and solutions for the effective design, construction, maintenance and modification of commercial buildings, residential and social housing and civil engineering projects of all sizes. With more than 20 categories, the Construction Computing Awards allow companies from every sector of the industry to seek recognition for their efforts over the past 12 months.
“The Vectorworks philosophy is that we never want to stop pushing the boundaries to create software that will empower our users to transform the world,” said Vectorworks UK Director of Customer Success Tamsin Slatter. “Our recognition with the Construction Computing Awards shortlist this year is especially meaningful because it reflects that our software is not only helpful to the AEC market but that our company and trainers are also highly respected within the industry.”
The awards are divided into sections and decided by reader voting and a panel of judges. The Editor’s Choice award is selected by David Chadwick, editor of Construction Computing Magazine.
Vectorworks has received nominations in the following categories:
- BIM Product of the Year: Vectorworks Architect
- Architectural Design Product of the Year: Vectorworks Architect
- Product of the Year: Vectorworks Architect
- Mobile/Field App Technology of the Year: Vectorworks’ Nomad app
- Company of the Year: Vectorworks
- One to Watch Company of the Year: Vectorworks
- Editor’s Choice: Vectorworks
- Best Use of IT in a Construction Project of the Year: Jonathan Reeves Architecture with Vectorworks for Swithland Lane
- BIM Project of the Year: Jonathan Reeves Architecture with Vectorworks for the Bradgate Rd Project
- Training Software/Provider of the Year: Jonathan Reeves – Vectorworks Training
Voting closes on November 2 and the winners’ ceremony will be held on November 15. To view the full list of nominees and to cast your vote, visit here. Winners will appear in the November/December ’18 issues of CAD User and Construction Computing Magazine.