AAMA Releases Eight Revised Documents
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. - The American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) has released eight documents that have been reviewed and editorially updated. The revised documents have been updated with the 2009 year designator along with a note on the cover stating “editorially revised.”
The following is a list of those updated technical documents:
- AAMA 501.2-09,Quality Assurance and Diagnostic Water Leakage Field Check of Installed Storefronts, Curtain Walls, and Sloped Glazing Systems
- AAMA 501.4-09/501.6-09,Recommended Static Test Method for Evaluating Curtain Wall and Storefront Systems Subjected to Seismic and Wind Induced Interstory Drifts (501.4) & Recommended Dynamic Test Method for Determining the Seismic Drift Causing Glass Fallout from a Wall System (501.6)
- AAMA 609 & 610-09,Cleaning and Maintenance Guide for Architecturally Finished Aluminum
- AAMA 908-09,Voluntary Specification for Friction Based Sash Balances
- AAMA 1402-09,Standard Specifications for Aluminum Siding, Soffit and Fascia
- AAMA 1505-09, Voluntary Test Methods for Thermal Performance of Fenestration Products with Multiple Glazing Options
- AAMA FSCOM-1-09,Fire Safety in High-Rise Curtain Walls
- AAMA TIR A12-09,Airflow Through Integral Ventilating Systems/Devices
“These documents were revised per a directive from the AAMA Document Management Committee,” said Ken Brenden, AAMA technical services manager. “AAMA staff has gone through a number of documents that were created five or more years ago and has made revisions to them. In addition to basic editorial revisions, the documents were reviewed to ensure that the information is viable and up to date.”
The remaining documents that were created five or more years ago are currently being updated by various task groups and committees within AAMA.
The revised documents are available through the AAMA Publication Store at www.aamanetstore.org.