New Products Unveiled at 2017 IBS
Simpson Strong-Tie will showcase several innovative and time-saving products at the International Builders Show (IBS) in Orlando, FL, Jan. 10-13. In addition, professional contractor Mike Holmes will visit the Simpson Strong-Tie exhibit on Tuesday in booth W4641.
Simpson Strong Tie products featured at IBS:
- Outdoor Accents decorative hardware is a new line of screws, washers, angles, straps and post bases that combine strength and beauty for building custom outdoor living structures.
- LSSJ is an innovative, field-adjustable jack hanger that makes installation quick and intuitive. It features a one-sided connection point for ease of installation and a versatile, hinged seat.
- HHRC is a hip-ridge connector with a higher capacity for heavier hip loads.
- Strong-Drive SDWF Floor-to-Floor screw simplifies the wind-uplift restraint connection, making it faster to install while providing superior performance over the life of the structure.
- Strong-Drive SWDC Truss screw provides a stud-to-bottom plate or stud-to-top plate connection as well as fastening trusses and rafters to top plates.
- Strong-Drive SDWS Framing screw is designed to replace nails. The screw reduces torque and increases holding power making installation faster, easier and more secure.
- Strong-Wall Wood shearwall, a redesigned prefabricated wood shearwall with a new holdown featuring front, side and back access to the anchor templates and bolts, provides greater flexibility for installation and inspection.
- URFP universal retrofit foundation plate offers increased loads with the same installation flexibility. It provides a retrofit method to secure the mudsill to the foundation – ideal where there is minimum vertical clearance.
- MPBZ moment post base is the first post base specifically designed to provide moment resistance for columns or posts. This patent-pending post base encapsulates the post to help resist rotation around its base.
Mike Holmes, professional contractor and the host and creator of the hit TV series Holmes on Homes, will be visiting the Simpson Strong-Tie booth on Tuesday Jan. 10 at 11:10 am. Mr. Holmes will be helping to build a project using the new line Outdoor Accents hardware. Simpson Strong-Tie is part of Holmes Approved Products.