Building Systems in Interior Design
- Unlike competitors it includes coverage of building codes and the building envelope
- Emphasises the key role played by building systems in sustainability, conservation and the environment
- Follows CIDA standards and can be used on CIDA accredited courses
- Contains useful tips for practice and over 400 images and figures
Building Systems in Interior Design takes an entirely new approach to teaching this essential topic for Architects, Designers and Building Engineers. Written to prepare students for the real world and packed with practical examples, the book will foster an understanding of specific issues that are critical to those features of technical systems that most directly affect design. The book stresses the ever-present nature of these systems: they are everywhere, all the time.
Taking a design oriented view, it outlines what can and cannot be done, and provides the student with the know-how and confidence to defend and promote their design intent when working with other industry professionals.
Covering lighting, HVAC, plumbing and much more, the book is packed with key features to aid learning including:
- Numerous illustrations, plans and photographs
- Key terms defined in an extensive glossary
- Chapter introductions that identify key concepts and chapter summaries to re-visit those key concepts
- Professional design tips
- And a detailed bibliography and web links
This book is not only a core text for interior design, building systems engineering and architecture students but will become an essential working reference through their careers.