At the NAHB International Builders’ Show, DuPont Performance Building Solutions (PBS) will be showcasing a combined, more robust portfolio for the marketplace across Dow and DuPont. The integration of Dow and DuPont now offers industry-leading brands such as DuPont Tyvek Building Envelope and STYROFOAM Brand Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) as part of one offering. These brands will house a better customer and user experience by providing easy-to-install systems that work together to enhance the building envelope and meet the market’s increased performance expectations.
DuPont PBS knows how materials work together – Tyvek and STYROFOAM work hand-in-hand to improve water management, energy efficiency and thermal performance, resulting in a durable and energy-efficient building envelope. Customers can now use both Tyvek, STYROFOAM Brand and GREAT STUFF solutions to help manage bulk water, tighten the building enclosure, reduce the wall condensation potential, and enable appropriate drying within the wall cavity. Insulation, permeable weather resistive barriers, flashing, tapes and spray foams also can be used in different combinations to improve energy efficiency, thermal comfort and durability of the building envelope.
“The powerful heritage of DuPont and Dow give us a unique responsibility to the communities in which we work to build structures that foster a better, more resilient tomorrow,” said Alan Hubbell, Residential Market Manager, Performance Building Solutions, DuPont Safety & Construction. “As a newly combined company, DuPont Performance Building Solutions will lead the industry through performance, technology and innovation that go beyond simple product solutions to tackle issues like productivity, safety, durability and efficiency.”
Through leading products and proven tools and processes, DuPont PBS ensures the comfort and resilience of structures. The unrivaled portfolio from the foremost leaders in the building industry provides customers the freedom, flexibility and confidence to make every project seamless.
Many of our building solutions can be seen in action at the 2019 NAHB International Builders’ Show (IBS) on Feb. 19-21, 2019 in Las Vegas. Live onstage demo presentations will take place each day (unless otherwise noted) at booth C5837. Demos will explore the following topics:
- 9:30-10:15 a.m. PST: Reduce Energy Loss in Foundations, with Walt Tomala and Jason Whitbeck
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. PST: Air Sealing for Improved Energy Performance, with Walt Tomala, Jason Whitbeck and Mark LaLiberte
- 12:45 p.m.-1:45 p.m. PST: Build Better High-Performance Walls, with Walt Tomala, Jason Whitbeck and Mark LaLiberte
- 2:15-3:00 p.m. PST: Simple Flashing Tips for Windows and Doors, with Walt Tomala and Jason Whitbeck
- 3:30-4:15 p.m. PST (Tuesday and Wednesday Only): Details in Sealing Recessed Windows, with Walt Tomala and Jason Whitbeck
Stop by booths C5837 and P17 at IBS to learn more about how our products work together. Solutions featured include:
- DuPont Tyvek Building Envelope Solutions, including home wraps, flashing, tapes and roofing products. Tyvek Building Envelope Solutions help make buildings more durable, comfortable and energy-efficient.
- STYROFOAM Brand Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) provides energy efficiency through a more sustainable insulation solution for the entire building envelope. STYROFOAM XPS is the original extruded polystyrene foam insulation and the first in a portfolio of products that would continue to grow and evolve to meet the needs of the building and construction industry and its related markets.
- The new Tyvek DrainVent Rainscreen Solution helps protect against rot and other damage in exterior walls by ventilating and moving moisture out of the wall cavity. Builders who use Tyvek DrainVent can enjoy the assurance that water will drain out of the wall system.
- The hyperefficient, high-performance FROTH-PAK Foam Sealant is designed to fill gaps and penetrations greater than 2” quickly and affordably, helping eliminate unwanted airflow throughout a home, ensuring customers are covered top to bottom, inside and out on every job. There will be a VR experience featuring FROTH-PAK Foam Sealant at IBS 2019 in our tiny home display, booth P17.
- GREAT STUFF Insulating Foam Sealants are specially formulated to seal gaps and cracks to block air, moisture and even pests — making it perfect for any of project needs. The GREAT STUFF PRO Series is designed to help pros get the job done fast, professionally and cost efficiently, providing customers with more energy efficient, comfortable homes.
- Other products featured at our booths include: DuPont FlexWrap EZ, and THERMAX Brand Insulation, Tyvek Protec Roofing Underlayment and WEATHERMATE Brand Weatherization Solutions, among others.