This week the International Code Council and the ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES) join design and construction professionals at the 2018 National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) International Builders’ Show (IBS) and the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Orlando, Florida, for the fifth annual Design & Construction Week, one of the largest trade show events in the U.S.
“The Code Council is proud to be a major sponsor and exhibitor at this important event,” said Code Council Chief Executive Officer Dominic Sims, CBO. “We are excited to come together with our partners in the homebuilding community to discuss the upcoming year as we tackle such important challenges as the affordable housing crisis and disaster mitigation strategies in light of recent devastating storms and fires.”
At the two shows, ICC-ES staff will be on hand to discuss programs and services with manufacturers, clients and others who wish to learn more about the industry leader in performing technical evaluations for code compliance. ICC-ES provides a wide range of services quickly and efficiently including evaluation reports, building product listings, and plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas, and solar thermal product listings.
The Code Council and ICC-ES are sponsoring a number of special events this year to provide opportunities for participants to network and learn about the latest trends and technologies in the building industry. Join us for the following events:
- ICC-ES is exhibiting at IBS booth W5541 and KBIS booth S4275 Tuesday, January 9, through Thursday, January 11. Booth events include a red carpet event with free beer and wine on January 9 from 3:00 – 5:30 p.m. at the ICC-ES IBS booth W5541. On January 10, pick up free coffee, donuts and breakfast pastries from 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. at both ICC-ES booth locations.
- Code Council staff, Board members and representatives will address the NAHB Construction, Codes and Standards Committee on January 8 to discuss the code development process for the International Codes, the most widely used and adopted set of building safety codes in the U.S., as well as the Code Council’s resiliency subsidiary, the Alliance for National & Community Resilience.
- Robert Neale, Code Council Government Relations Vice President of Fire Service Activities, is speaking on January 9 about “Preventing Fires During Construction” in response to recent highprofile fires in residential and commercial buildings under construction.
- At the Metrostudy Housing Outlook Breakfast on January 10, speakers will discuss exclusive insights into the economic and industry trends that will impact the building and construction communities.
- On January 11, speaker John Morgan will reveal his insights and experience with the top five smart tech ideas that manufacturers can deliver to their dealers at the ICC-ES-sponsored NKBA SHARK! Breakfast.