Nineteen companies were honored at the MIA annual meeting/awards ceremony in Las Vegas, Nev. for earning the MIA accreditation credential in 2014. MIA Accreditation for natural stone fabricators and commercial contractors recognize companies that meet the industry's highest standards for business activities, product knowledge, fabrication, and installation.
Receiving the MIA Accredited Natural Stone Fabricator credential:
• AHI Stoneworks of Hot Springs, Ariz.
• Artistic Counters Inc. of Garden Ridge, Texas
• Dee Brown Inc., of Garland, Texas
• INcounters of Abilene, Texas
• KG Stevens Inc. of New Berlin, Wis.
• Lakeside Surfaces Inc. of Norton Shores, Mich.
• Morningstar Marble & Granite Inc. of Topsham, Maine
• Paramount Stone Co. of Stamford, Conn.
• Picasso Tile & Design of Tempe, Ariz.
• Pure Granite Rocks! of Vernon, B.C.
• Quality Surfaces Inc. of Spencer, Ind.
• Sims-Lohman of Cincinnati, Ohio
• Smokey Mountain Tops of Knoxville, Tenn.
• Stoneshop of Cherry Hill, N.J.
• Surfaces—Viking Kitchen Cabinets of New Britain, Conn.
• Tennessee Marble Company of Friendsville, Tenn.
• U.S. Granite of Tyler, Texas
Receiving the MIA Accredited Commercial A Installer credential:
• Camarata Masonry Systems of Houston, Texas
• Dee Brown Inc. of Garland, Texas
Receiving the MIA Accredited Commercial B Installer credential:
• Stockett Tile and Granite Co. of Phoenix, Ariz.
“This was the largest single year for newly accredited companies since the program launched. It is great to see companies embrace the stone industries highest credential,” said Rodney Harvey, MIA Accreditation Commission chairperson of Curtain Wall Design & Consulting Inc.
“The growth of the program is largely attributed to an improving economy and launch of the popular accreditation program immersion classes,” said Jim Hieb, MIA’s executive vice president/CEO.
Several program enhancements are planned for 2015 including immersion classes, work with the design community to reference “MIA accreditation” in design specifications, and continued work on creating an accreditation program for the care and maintenance segment of the industry. For more information about becoming accredited or the next immersion class (April 15th in Orlando, Fla.) visit: www.marble-institute.com/gettheseal.