The International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI), the only association in the concrete industry devoted solely to repair and restoration, is proud to announce an important update to their Concrete Surface Repair Technician (CSRT) training program.
In response to the changing needs of the concrete repair industry, ICRI has decided to take a bigger, better and bolder approach to their traditional training programming by separating the educational course from the certification course. This major shift now allows for a more customized online education experience for concrete repair professionals.
“Having been through this program, I am so impressed how beneficial it is, not only to people new to the concrete repair industry but people like myself who have spent years working in the field,” said Mark LeMay, ICRI President. “I highly recommend it for anyone seeking fundamental knowledge of concrete surface repair.”
The Education course is based on four (4) ASTM Standards (including all Annexes and Appendices), and ICRI Guideline No. 210.3R as follows:
- C31, Standard Practice for Making and Curing Concrete Test Specimens in the Field;
- C143, Standard Test Method for Slump of Hydraulic-Cement Concrete;
- C1583, Standard Test Method for Tensile Strength of Concrete Surfaces and the Bond Strength or Tensile Strength of Concrete Repair and Overlay Materials by Direct Tension (Pull-off Method);
- C1611, Standard Test Method for Slump Flow of Self-Consolidating Concrete; and
- ICRI Guideline No. 210.3R, Guide for Using In-Situ Tensile Pull-off Tests to Evaluate Bond of Concrete Surface Materials.
The updated ICRI CSRT education course will provide fundamental knowledge and best practices in concrete surface repair. Some of the key benefits of the education course include:
- Learning on participants' schedule through online programming.
- Gaining critical knowledge of repair materials and methods.
- Elevating the level of service by industry professionals through a better understanding of quality concrete surface repair.
Participants who successfully complete and pass all aspects of the education course and exams, will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ICRI.
The most comprehensive learning tool from ICRI to date can be accessed in the ICRI Learning Center and is available at a lower cost for members of the organization.