ON DEMAND UNTIL JANUARY 26, 2024
Earn: 1 AIA LU/HSW; 1 IIBEC CEH, 0.1 IACET CEU
In this course, building owners, designers and specification professionals will learn about exploring the emerging need in security against fire events. It's essential to understand the common causes of roof fires, especially when exploring system design and creating long-term roofing success.
- Discuss the what, where, and why of fire: macro-market needs (better fire design or testing standards), geographical implications, system requirements and what this all means to you.
- Explain the common roof fire test standards (ASTM E108/UL790, FM4450, UL 1256/NFPA276) and the approval process.
- Explore system design and roofing success: why history of performance is critical in decision-making and also explore the limitations of the test standards to real world fire performance and system design for superior security against fire events.
- Establish how to choose the right resilient roof system to meet standard requirements and building needs.
- Discuss what the cost of a commercial roof fire actually is.