Credits: 1 AIA LU/Elective; 0.1 IACET CEU; 1 IIBEC CEH
This course will investigate the history of exterior stucco, to the most recent developments in stucco assemblies designed with innovative weather-resistive air barrier membranes in a ventilated rainscreen wall assembly. Participants will identify drainage and venting requirements and understand the details of stucco wall systems. The course will explore case studies from failure to remediation, including successful projects utilizing the new innovative all-in-one drainage matrix and weather-resistive air barrier technology.
- List the history of stucco cladding.
- Identify drainage and venting requirements for a stucco assembly.
- Explore benefits of a vapor-permeable WRB air barrier behind a stucco assembly.
- Recognize stucco wall system details as the concealed moisture and air barrier.
- Appraise case studies from failure to remediation.