Juries Announced for Pinnacle and Tucker Design Awards
MIA+BSI announced the individual jurors chosen to determine the winning projects for the 2017 Pinnacle Awards and 2018 Tucker Design Awards.
The 2017 Pinnacle Awards will be juried Thursday, August 24th at CBT Architects in Boston, Mass. The jurors include:
- Richard Bertman, FAIA, LEED AP and founding Principal - CBT Architects, Boston, Mass.
- David Hacin, FAIA, founding Principal and President - Hacin + Associates Architecture and Design, Boston, Mass.
- Craig Copeland, AIA, LEED AP BD+C and Associate Partner - Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects, New York, N.Y.
- Charles J. (Chuck) Muehlbauer, Technical Director - MIA+BSI, St. Cloud, Minn.
- David Castellucci, Director of Business Development - Kenneth Castellucci & Associates, Lincoln, R.I. and Immediate Past President of the Marble Institute of America (MIA)
The 2017 Pinnacle and Grande Pinnacle Award winners will be celebrated in January at TISE 2018 in Las Vegas.
The 2018 Tucker Design Awards will be selected Friday, August 25 at Towers|Golde Landscape Architects in New Haven, Conn. The jurors include:
- Robert Golde, PLA, FASLA Principal - Towers|Golde Landscape Architects, New Haven, Conn.
- Brigham Keehner, AIA, LEED AP, Senior Associate - Bohlin Cywinski Jackson, New York, N.Y.
- Michael Garrison, Professor of Architecture - University of Texas at Austin, Texas
2018 Tucker Design Award winners and the 2018 Bybee Prize recipient will be honored in San Antonio, Texas, February 25, 2018 at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts. The Tucker Design Awards banquet immediately precedes the MIA+BSI Annual Convention that will continue through March 1.
MIA+BSI Executive Vice President Jane Bennett commented: “Witnessing the friendly debate of our talented jurors as they view and discuss dozens of projects created with natural stone is one of the most rewarding aspects of my work at MIA+BSI. Having an opportunity to showcase such outstanding achievements of both our industry members and the architects and landscape architects who utilize their products is the best way to promote the importance of natural stone as a premier building material.”
To learn more about the MIA+BSI Awards Program, visit www.naturalstoneinstitute.org/awards.